Sunday, February 3, 2008

Can anyone give me an answer?

This incident happened around 5 years ago and it will be remembered throughout my life.

I with a couple of my friends had been to Malleshwaram to have tasty butter dosas and had parked my vehicle opposite the circle cricket ground,when i was taking my vehicle back a small boy came and asked for money, i just took a 2 rupee coin and gave it to him,he demanded more but i said its enough and came home...donno why but the incident kept haunting me so i again went to that parking lot just to find that boy and i found him..I spoke to him and asked about who he is and what he does..he told he is alone and stays there in the ground itself with a couple of other kids and told he eats food from the money he gets by looking after vehicles and sometimes wiping cars..felt sad and handed him a 20rupees note..he was happy and i came off...I wanted to help the boy but how..just giving him some money doesn't serve the purpose..I had heard about free education and free food in schools..but i had also read about the quality of food they provide...Taking this particular case i analyzed the forthcomings if he joined those schools..may be he will get education till 10th and a glass of milk and a meal per day but what is he supposed to do for breakfast and dinner..hw can he afford money for his books..suppose he got books too what will he do for his food should he again stand in the parking lot and earn his breakfast and dinner..he told sometimes standing the whole day he may earn just 20 rupees..and hw many days he may have to starve if he went to school..when will he have time to study..suppose he overcame all this and completed his SSLC..what will he do further..does government fund his future education or does he get a job with SSLC..NO is the answer i got..he may again have to stand in the same parking lot and earn his food..So whats the use of free primary education for such kids??.. I may help this kid but there are thousands of kids like this..what can we do help them???I may just write a blog and be sad but is it going to help such kids in anyway..I want to help them but donno how..

One way which attracted me was what PESIT is doing,they gather boys about 15-18yrs age group and give them primary training in carpentry and welding and other petty jobs in the mechanical workshops so that they could make a living out of it..

I request all those people who went through this blog to kindly spare a moment and think about these kids and do whatever you can to help these kids..
They are the future of our country,please let them have the opportunity and support to make the future bright..

1 comment:

Sanjay said...

I responded to your earlier 3 blogs.
I practically don't have answer for this now. Your friend Sanjay K.M.