Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Year That Has Gone By

The year of 2007 like all other years of my life was a mixture of good things bad things and yes a memorable one..

In the month of january i finished my 7th sem exams and had been to Tirupathi,then was the time i got a call from my friend saying that we had to begin our internship on jan 10th,i joined on jan 11th to Epsilon,a new phase of life and the deciding phase..I was excited,then the month was full of training that was stressful being from 9 in the morning to 8 in the evening.We were taught a lot of new things which included Perl,HTML,Javascript,CSS,Databases and lot more technologies,every teacher was an inspiration.

In the month of february my final semester of college started,had to learn to balance both training at office and college..didn't find it tough but missed the fun and frolic we used to have in the evenings while in college..Then our project guide had decided the project requirements and we were supposed to finish it in an unrealistic time of 15 days..Then started those meetings to discuss about the ownership of different modules,huh i don't like mishap but couldn't help..Then we prepared almost 11 versions of SRS(system requirements specification)..that is when most of the people lost interest in the project and got into their actual work.This was the month i got close to some of my colleagues..Notable among them being Shetty,Neelima and Sabiha..
Shetty a courageous guy with a tremendous attitude towards life and a guy with a big heart..
Neelima one of my sisters,we share the same sur name..an intelligent girl with lots of dreams and ability to achieve them.
Sabiha,cute sister with a kiddish nature..

In the month of march, we got close to our team lead Santhosh,one of the best human beings i have come across in my life,a perfect team lead,a person with a commendable intellect and a nice guide..To create visibilty for ourselves he made us do some projects,thanks to which we learnt a lot
in embperl,HTML,Javascript etc.Then we had a big treat from Sri and Abhi.

The month of April is one of my favorites being my birthday month,the month started with me taking off from office for the first time to study for internals..The highlight of the month was the function of Kaashi Samaaraadhane and my birthday which was the biggest function in our home since my birth..It was a grand success..My birthday celebration by my friends this time was too brilliant and memorable,pleasant shock was when Suhas and Sri came home at 12 with the cake..next day my friends had planned a "Treasure Hunt" involving the places i love the most,school,kes,ram mandir ground,kle,sankey tank..but thnks to my investigative mind i could catch the surprise before hand..I got one of the best gifts from my sister Sahana,she had written about me and decorated it herself...Love that a lot..Had celebration at office as well..Sad part was i lost some of the gifts i had got from my friends in the function hall..Then the deadline for our project at college was 10th May so we started working on it on last sunday of april..we were in office on both saturday and sunday completely..

The month of may began with working in office on our first May day as an employee,that was due to our project deadline..We completed our project and it came out well..then took off from office and studied for our final exams..

The month of june is when our exams got over and the month when the friends with whom i had spent my 4 years of engineering were parting from me with a hope that we will be in touch..But we can never re live those moments nor can we spend so much quality time with them...Then went to a trip with some of my closest friends,places included Belur,Halebidu,Kalasa,Hornaadu,Kudremukh,Kollur,Sringeri,Kumta,Murdeshwar,Gokarna,Jog Falls..Loved all those places..But this trip was kind of a turning point in my life..lots of misunderstanding happened with some unmeasurable friends..One person who has been with me in all the good and bad times in my life and who understands me better than myself..One more person who actually filled a void in my life and who loved me a lot..Donno if ever our relationships can get back to shape..Miss them a lot but no regrets..Part and parcel of life..

In the month of July came a batch of guys from Nitk to join our company..a new set of people..got close to some of them pretty quickly..Thanks to them my skills in TT is respectable..then i had one of the most happiest days in my life when i went out with a friend full day from morning to evening bunking office..

The month of August was one of the crucial months in my life,i was very low on confidence cos i hadn't had much work to prove my worth to myself and on top of it hadn't fared too well in evaluation tests..was so low on confidence that i had almost taken a decision to quit my job,that is when santhosh spoke to me,motivated me and made me change my decision.Thanks a million to him and some of my friends i am happily working and learning a lot in this job.

Nothing noticeable happened in september.

The month of october is when i got noticeable work..found it tough in the beginning but got into the groove pretty quickly and in no time i was oozing with confidence and happiness for getting work.

November was pretty much normal at work..went out on a lot of one day trips..to Maddur coffee day..cubbon park etc..enjoyed most of the weekends..

December..had planned to take off for 5 days and relax by going out with friends but unfortunately didn't work out,but went out with parents after a long time..felt good.. eagerly waiting for the new year to come..Hopefully will have a lot of fun which i missed last 3 years thanks to our engg exams..

1 comment:

incredible said...

Nice description... i liked it... those happy Epsilon times.. i really miss them

I do expect a lot more interesting posts from you :)